As most of you (I think) I started my career with C/AL. What is Visual Studio I heard only from other “real” developers 🙂 Well, I tried it a long time ago in university, but to use it in my professional life – never.
And now we have … Visual Studio Code. I remember my first feelings: fear that all c/al experience will be lost. But the world is better place, than we think about it sometimes. And with Visual Studio code, we got AL extension for it. Thanks to gods and to Microsoft. I thought that now is very good moment to start learning this tool with you. And to share some insights on how to do basic features in it.
I will create a series of short youtube videos about:
- How to install VS Code
- How to connect to GitHub (this is video from Marije Brummel – Microsoft Dynamics NAV Blog
- How to create new app and connect to NAV
- How to create new table and modify standard
- How to create new page and modify existing
- How to create new codeunit and subscribe to existing
- How to test, debug and publish your app
The app will be called “NAV in the air”. It will allow to purchase and sell aircrafts, register take-off and landing.
Subscribe and see you on youtube.